Cauliflower Gratin Recipe:
- 1 (about 2 or 3 pounds) head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere, dhere I used Comte instead
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- a little bit of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven (375 degrees F, 200 Degrees C).
- Cut the cauliflower in big pieces and boil in salted water for about 5 minutes, and then Drain.
- Met the butter in a pan over low heat. Add in the flour, stir constantly with a wooden spoon . Pour in the milk into the pan and stir until it comes to a boil. Let it oil for about 1 minutes, while string constantly or until the mixture thickened. Remove from the heat and add 3/2 of the cheese, salt and pepper and a little bit of nutmeg.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce in a baking dish. Place the cooked cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce on top. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is browned. Serve with Spinach and Brie Salad.