Banana Chocolate Cake:
* 3 bananas
* Semisweet chocolate: 100 gr or 3.5 ounce
* Cornstarch: 50 gr or 1 tsp
* Crème fraîche (I use Trader Joe’s whipping cream, sold in small blue boxes): 4 tsp
* 2 eggs
* Sugar: 100 gr or 3.5 ounce
* Unsalted butter: 100 gr
* Baking powder: 2 tsp
* Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or 180 degrees C);
2. Melt your butter using the microwave;
3. Cream together sugar and eggs; stir in melted butter;
4. Using the bottom of a spoon or fork, press down on the bananas, continue until the banana is well mashed. Add Crème fraîche and vanilla extract to the mashed banana.
5. Chop your chocolate into very small pieces
6. Add chocolate and banana to your batter
7. Grease a pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the bread comes out clean
8. Bon appétit!
This is also the same recipe for the chocolate-banana break (or banana bread), I just used individual molds for baking.